Announcement

Please consider donating! My PC is having serious trouble at the moment, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Need help with Chronos? Remember that you can Email chronosdevelopment@gmail.com with any questions you might have!

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Code Rewrite

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd let you all know what's going on with Chronos and updates.

I'm currently doing a code rewrite of much of the timer editor UI code to facilitate remote admin of global timers (user levels!). As Chronos was not built from the ground up to allow this (and I was more of a shitty programmer back when I wrote that code) I think the best course of action is for me to do a complete code rewrite of those sections.

It's a few thousand lines of code and I need to make sure it continues to work with the rest of Chronos without issues, so if I seem like I'm not updating, don't worry. I am updating, but it's a big update. EDIT: The "big" update may also include something along these lines.

Feature requests and bug reports are still welcome and very much needed, but make sure you check the work list page before submitting any!

In the meantime, it would be great if you guys could keep the thread on the official Rift forums alive by discussing Chronos and helping each other out. Itt is still the best place to contact me outside of the blog if you need immediate help.

The blog is now getting around a hundred hits a day (they're not all me, I swear!) and Chronos has had hundreds of downloads! Thanks for the continued support guys!

Don't forget you can donate if you find Chronos useful and can spare a few bucks!

Thanks!

Larks (Feina).

No comments:

Post a Comment